“Personal Information” also includes any credit card or debit card or other financial account information you may provide to us or to our third-party payment provider for billing purposes. We may send billing and payment information, including any credit card, debit card or bank account information, through third-party billing systems so that we do not store all such information on our servers.
Kinetiq also collects “Non-Personal Information” about you. “Non-Personal Information” means information that is not Personal Information, including, without limitation, aggregated and anonymized information derived from your Personal Information. This may include de-identified search results and information collected by cookies and similar technologies as described below.
4. Use of Personal InformationKinetiq uses Personal Information about our users to assist us in setting up accounts; processing transactions you initiate (for example, any credit, debit or other billing account information collected from you by us or on our behalf by a third party payment gateway are generally only used to process purchase transactions authorized by you); providing customer service; providing newsletters and/or other communications or services which you have signed up for or otherwise agreed to receive; sending account- or transaction-related communications such as welcome letters and transaction confirmations; sending you emails or contacting you by telephone concerning new products and services and upcoming events; performing research and analysis aimed at improving our products, service and technologies; and managing our systems (for example, users’ names and email addresses are collected and used in the Service for purposes of managing the login authentication process, and to allow the application to send notifications to end users, such as email notice informing the user that a scheduled task has been completed).
We may also use this information for internal purposes to help us diagnose problems, monitor traffic patterns and otherwise continually improve our Service. Subject to our obtaining from you any consent (or providing you any ability to refuse consent) as required by applicable laws and directives relating to privacy and electronic marketing, we may call you, including the use of automatic dialer systems to your land line or mobile telephones, send SMS or MMS messages to you, or contact you by any means described above. You may opt-out from these types of communications at any time by following the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of any e-mail, SMS and MMS messages or by emailing us at email@example.com. Please note, however, that even if you opt-out, we may still need to contact you to send you notices about your account or transactions with us where permitted by applicable law and privacy directives.
Kinetiq will not use Personal Information relating to third parties which is submitted by our users through the Service and stored on their behalf (such as information about our users’ media contacts) except to provide the Service to our users or to respond to a request by any such third party (such as a request to access, modify or delete their Personal Information).
We may also disclose Personal Information to third parties if we have a good-faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary (a) to enforce or apply the terms and conditions of the Service, including investigations of potential violations thereof, (b) to comply with legal or regulatory requirements or a governmental request, (c) to protect the rights, property or safety of Kinetiq, other users or other third parties, (d) to any law enforcement authority, such as a police department or regulatory authority in connection with an investigation, or (e) to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical problems that may arise. We may disclose Non-Personal Information to any third party for any reason in our sole discretion.
Where our users submit Personal Information of third parties (such as media contacts) though our Service and we store this information on their behalf, we will not disclose this information to third parties to use in marketing or to send promotional messages.
6. Accessing and Updating Personal InformationGenerally, our platform software is configured to enable you to give you or your Clients the means to access their own personal information for the purposes of deleting it and/or correcting it. In the alternative, you have a right to contact us to access certain personal records we hold about you. This is called a “subject access request”, which you can make by writing to IQ media Group LLC, 1001 East Hector Street, Suite 220, Conshohocken, PA 19428. A fee may be payable by you if you make any requests that would require a disproportionate effort on our part, but we will not charge you until we have told you how much the fee is and what it is for, and you have told us you still want to proceed.
We ask individual contacting us about their Personal Information to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backups), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case, where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, unless responding to your request would require a disproportionate effort.
Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at the address stated below with any questions if you need assistance accessing or changing your Personal Information or if you would like to have your Personal Information deleted from our servers. Please be aware that if you delete your Personal Information, you may not be able to continue to use our Service.
Generally, we will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We may also retain and use your information as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal and audit obligations, resolve reported and potential disputes, and enforce our agreements. Please note that if you ask us to delete your Personal Information, we may in our good-faith discretion, and to the extent permitted by applicable law and privacy directives, retain certain information for purposes of these requirements.
Finally, Kinetiq may use web beacons or other unique identifiers to allow it to determine which messages or elements of a media campaign generate responses. This allows Kinetiq software to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications.
8. ChildrenWe do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children less than 13 years of age. Nor do we authorize children less than 13 years of age to use the Service. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, upon receipt of notice from the child or the child’s parent or legal guardian, we will use reasonable efforts to delete that child’s Personal Information from our systems.
9. Data Hosting and Information SecurityKinetiq takes reasonable precautions to protect Personal Information in its possession from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Kinetiq limits access to personal information and data to those persons in Kinetiq’ organization, or agents of Kinetiq, that have a specific business purpose for maintaining and processing such information and data. Individuals who have been granted access to Personal Information are made aware of their responsibilities to protect the security, confidentiality and integrity of that information. In addition, we only host your Personal Information on servers that Kinetiq owns or leases and manages.
Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet and no method of data storage can be guaranteed to be secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we do not guarantee its security.
11. Third Party Websites; Message Boards, Social Media, and Other Online ForumsPlease note that we are not responsible for the privacy policies, practices or the content of websites owned by others that you may link to or that may be linked from the Service. Accordingly, we encourage you to review the privacy policies and terms of service of any such websites so that you understand how those websites collect, use and share any Personal Information they may collect about you.
When you choose to post comments, messages and/or profile content on our Service, some of the content is viewable by other users and third parties and, in the case of public online forums, is publicly viewable. Accordingly, you should exercise discretion with regard to what Personal Information you post on our Service and on third party websites, and you should not publicly post highly confidential, sensitive or embarrassing information. Kinetiq is not responsible for how third parties who view your Personal Information and other information that you post or make available publicly through the Service may use your information (such as to send you unsolicited messages).
13. Privacy ShieldWe are a participant in the European Union (“EU”)–United States (“US”) Privacy Shield and the US-Swiss Privacy Shield (together, “Privacy Shield”).
Kinetiq, Inc. Attention: Privacy Complaints 1001 East Hector Street, Suite 220, Conshohocken, PA 19428 USA Email: email@example.com
We have further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to the American Arbitration Association, a non-profit alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive a response to your complaint from us within forty-five (45) days, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit http://go.adr.org/privacyshield.html for more information and to file a complaint.
Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through the above channels, you may have the right, under certain limited conditions, to invoke binding arbitration before the Privacy Shield Panel to be created by the US Department of Commerce and the European Commission or the applicable UK or Swiss authorities.
We are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the United States Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”) with respect to its compliance with the Privacy Shield.
By Mail: 1001 East Hector Street Suite 220 Conshohocken, PA 19428
By Telephone: (267) 898-0650
By E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org