1. About this Privacy StatementThank you for using iQ media and visiting our website. Your privacy is important to us, and we have adopted this Privacy Statement to memorialize our data collection and disclosure practices for our corporate website at www.iq.media and media intelligence and analytics tools and services, including any mobile applications we provide, our online platform software, and any web pages we control on any third party websites (collectively, the “Service”). The Service is owned and operated by iQ Media Group LLC, a Delaware corporation (together with our subsidiary, “iQ media,” “we,” “us” or “our”). This Privacy Statement applies to anyone using or browsing our Service, and to information provided to us or to our subsidiary, Probus Media Partners UK Limited, via the Service by visitors, customers or users of the Service (“users,” “you” or “your”). We encourage you to read this Privacy Statement carefully before using the Service or transacting business with us. By using the Service, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Statement, and the collection, use and transfer of your information as described herein.
If you have questions about any of our privacy practices, please refer to the end of this Privacy Statement for information on how to contact us.
2. ConsentiQ media takes privacy seriously. As a leading provider of software and services for communications and public relations, we are committed to establishing and maintaining policies and procedures which protect the privacy of personal information gathered from our customers, prospects and other users of our Service. By using or registering with any part of our Service, you consent to this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with any provisions of this Privacy Statement, you may not use our website, platform software or any other part of the Service.
Please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. Please be assured that we seek to take reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using our Service, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Privacy Statement, and you specifically consent to the transfer of your information to the United States.
3. Collection of InformationWe collect Personal Information in connection with our Service, but we do not collect any more information than reasonably needed to offer the Service. When we use the term “Personal Information” we mean information that can be used to identify an individual or is combined with individually identifiable information and may include your first and last name, by itself or combined with your email address, postal address, unique device identifiers and other unique identifiers (such as login information), telephone number and/or searches and clips made by you through our Service. On occasion, we may also collect Personal Information about third parties who may not be direct users of the Service, including Personal Information about your clients (“Clients”) and media contacts, but only if our users choose to provide it to us through the Service. Any time you share a third party’s Personal Information with us, you agree that you will have obtained all legally required consent from the third party to do so and for us to store such information through the Service on your behalf as described in this Privacy Statement.
“Personal Information” also includes any credit card or debit card or other financial account information you may provide to us or to our third-party payment provider for billing purposes. We may send billing and payment information, including any credit card, debit card or bank account information, through third-party billing systems so that we do not store all such information on our servers.
iQ media also collects “Non-Personal Information” about you. “Non-Personal Information” means information that is not Personal Information, including, without limitation, aggregated and anonymized information derived from your Personal Information. This may include de-identified search results and information collected by cookies and similar technologies as described below.
4. Use of Personal InformationiQ media uses Personal Information about our users to assist us in setting up accounts; processing transactions you initiate (for example, any credit, debit or other billing account information collected from you by us or on our behalf by a third party payment gateway are generally only used to process purchase transactions authorized by you); providing customer service; providing newsletters and/or other communications or services which you have signed up for or otherwise agreed to receive; sending account- or transaction-related communications such as welcome letters and transaction confirmations; sending you emails or contacting you by telephone concerning new products and services and upcoming events; performing research and analysis aimed at improving our products, service and technologies; and managing our systems (for example, users’ names and email addresses are collected and used in the Service for purposes of managing the login authentication process, and to allow the application to send notifications to end users, such as email notice informing the user that a scheduled task has been completed).
We may also use this information for internal purposes to help us diagnose problems, monitor traffic patterns and otherwise continually improve our Service. Subject to our obtaining from you any consent (or providing you any ability to refuse consent) as required by applicable laws and directives relating to privacy and electronic marketing, we may call you, including the use of automatic dialler systems to your land line or mobile telephones, send SMS or MMS messages to you, or contact you by any means described above. You may opt-out from these types of communications at any time by following the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of any e-mail, SMS and MMS messages or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, however, that even if you opt-out, we may still need to contact you to send you notices about your account or transactions with us where permitted by applicable law and privacy directives.
iQ media will not use Personal Information relating to third parties which is submitted by our users through the Service and stored on their behalf (such as information about our users’ media contacts) except to provide the Service to our users or to respond to a request by any such third party (such as a request to access, modify or delete their Personal Information).
iQ media also uses Non-Personal Information collected through cookies and other automatic information gathering technologies as described below in this Privacy Statement.
5. Disclosure of Personal InformationiQ media will not disclose your information except as specifically described in this section.
Subject to our obtaining from you any consent (or providing you any ability to refuse consent) as required by applicable laws and directives relating to online privacy and electronic marketing, we may disclose Personal Information and Non-Personal Information about you to agents, contractors, and service providers or others engaged to perform functions on our behalf, such as providing data storage, hosting our website, conducting audits and performing web analytics; or to market iQ media products and services to you (for example, to send you messages concerning new iQ media features, products or special offers). Any third party service providers with whom we share Personal Information are required to keep such Personal Information confidential and to use it only in a manner consistent with this Privacy Statement and not for their own marketing purposes. With your consent and at your request, we may also disclose Personal Information about you to other persons, such as your Clients or other persons with whom you wish to share information via the iQ media Service.
We may also disclose Personal Information to third parties if we have a good-faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary (a) to enforce or apply the terms and conditions of the Service, including investigations of potential violations thereof, (b) to comply with legal or regulatory requirements or a governmental request, (c) to protect the rights, property or safety of iQ media, other users or other third parties, (d) to any law enforcement authority, such as a police department or regulatory authority in connection with an investigation, or (e) to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical problems that may arise. We may disclose Non-Personal Information to any third party for any reason in our sole discretion.
iQ media may also transfer any information in its possession (including your Personal Information and Non-Personal Information) to a third party in the event of a reorganization, spin-out, sale, merger, or transfer of some or all of the assets of iQ Media Group LLC, or in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy, liquidation or receivership of our business. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy, liquidation or receivership of our business, we will provide affected users notice through the iQ media website at least thirty (30) days before your information becomes subject to a different Privacy Statement.
Where our users submit Personal Information of third parties (such as media contacts) though our Service and we store this information on their behalf, we will not disclose this information to third parties to use in marketing or to send promotional messages.
6. Accessing and Updating Personal InformationGenerally, our platform software is configured to enable you to give you or your Clients the means to access their own personal information for the purposes of deleting it and/or correcting it. In the alternative, you have a right to contact us to access certain personal records we hold about you. This is called a “subject access request”, which you can make by writing to iQ Media Group LLC, 1001 East Hector Street, Suite 220, Conshohocken, PA 19428. A fee may be payable by you if you make any requests that would require a disproportionate effort on our part, but we will not charge you until we have told you how much the fee is and what it is for, and you have told us you still want to proceed.
We ask individual contacting us about their Personal Information to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backups), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case, where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, unless responding to your request would require a disproportionate effort.
Please e-mail us at email@example.com or contact us at the address stated below with any questions if you need assistance accessing or changing your Personal Information or if you would like to have your Personal Information deleted from our servers. Please be aware that if you delete your Personal Information, you may not be able to continue to use our Service.
Generally, we will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We may also retain and use your information as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal and audit obligations, resolve reported and potential disputes, and enforce our agreements. Please note that if you ask us to delete your Personal Information, we may in our good-faith discretion, and to the extent permitted by applicable law and privacy directives, retain certain information for purposes of these requirements.
Finally, iQ media may use web beacons or other unique identifiers to allow it to determine which messages or elements of a media campaign generate responses. This allows iQ media software to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications.
8. ChildrenWe do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children less than 13 years of age. Nor do we authorize children less than 13 years of age to use the Service. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, upon receipt of notice from the child or the child’s parent or legal guardian, we will use reasonable efforts to delete that child’s Personal Information from our systems.
9. Data Hosting and Information SecurityiQ media takes reasonable precautions to protect Personal Information in its possession from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. iQ media limits access to personal information and data to those persons in iQ media’ organization, or agents of iQ media, that have a specific business purpose for maintaining and processing such information and data. Individuals who have been granted access to Personal Information are made aware of their responsibilities to protect the security, confidentiality and integrity of that information. In addition, we only host your Personal Information on servers that iQ media owns or leases and manages.
Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet and no method of data storage can be guaranteed to be secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we do not guarantee its security.
10. Your California Privacy RightsA California resident who has provided personal information to a business with whom she or he has established a business relationship for personal, family, or household purposes (“California Customer”) is entitled to request information about whether the business has disclosed her or his Personal Information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. In general, if the business has made such a disclosure of Personal Information, upon receipt of a request by a California Customer, the business is required to provide a list of all third parties to whom Personal Information was disclosed in the preceding calendar year, as well as a list of the categories of Personal Information that were disclosed.
However, under the law, a business is not required to provide the above-described lists if the business adopts and discloses to the public (in its Privacy Statement) a policy of not disclosing customer’s Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless the customer first affirmatively agrees to the disclosure, as long as the business maintains and discloses this policy. Rather, the business may comply with the law by notifying the customer of his or her right to prevent disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for direct marketing purposes and providing a cost free means to exercise that right.
Currently, we do not share your Personal Information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
California Customers may request further information about our compliance with California’s privacy law by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting us as stated below. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer per year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this e-mail address.
11. Third Party Websites; Message Boards, Social Media, and Other Online ForumsPlease note that we are not responsible for the privacy policies, practices or the content of websites owned by others that you may link to or that may be linked from the Service. Accordingly, we encourage you to review the privacy policies and terms of service of any such websites so that you understand how those websites collect, use and share any Personal Information they may collect about you.
When you choose to post comments, messages and/or profile content on our Service, some of the content is viewable by other users and third parties and, in the case of public online forums, is publicly viewable. Accordingly, you should exercise discretion with regard to what Personal Information you post on our Service and on third party websites, and you should not publicly post highly confidential, sensitive or embarrassing information. iQ media is not responsible for how third parties who view your Personal Information and other information that you post or make available publicly through the Service may use your information (such as to send you unsolicited messages).
12. Changes to this PolicyFrom time to time, we may desire to use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our Privacy Statement. iQ media may modify or update this Privacy Statement from time to time with any such policy changes or any other changes deemed necessary or desirable in iQ media’s sole discretion, by posting an updated Privacy Statement on the Service. If we make any material changes, we will notify our users by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on the Service, prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices. You can always check the “last updated” date at the bottom of this document to see when the Privacy Statement was last changed.
Your continued use of our website and/or Service following the effective date of an updated Privacy Statement constitutes your consent to the contents of such policy. However, we will not apply any material changes retroactively to any information we collected from you before such changes took effect, without your affirmative consent to do so. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO FUTURE CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT, YOU MUST STOP USING THE SERVICE AFTER THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF SUCH CHANGES. Please note that upon leaving the Service, any Privacy Statement in effect immediately prior to your departure shall continue to be binding on you and applicable to the data collected from you prior to such departure.
13. Privacy ShieldWe are a participant in the European Union (“EU”)–United States (“US”) Privacy Shield.
The types of data we are collecting under the EU-US Privacy Shield, the purposes for which each such type of data is being collected and used, and the types of third parties to which we may disclose such information (and the purposes of such disclosure) are set forth above in this Privacy Statement.
You have rights, as set forth above in this Privacy Statement, to access, edit and have deleted your Personal Information. The choices and means offered you for limiting use and disclosure of your Personal Information are set forth above in this Privacy Statement.
Notwithstanding any language to the contrary in this Privacy Statement, in cases of onward transfer to third parties of Personal Information of EU individuals received pursuant to the EU-US Privacy Shield, we are potentially liable.
In compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles, we commit to work to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your Personal Information. European Union individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding this Privacy Statement should first contact us at:
iQ Media Group LLC Attention: Privacy Complaints 1001 East Hector Street Suite 220 Conshohocken, PA 19428 Email: email@example.com
We have further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles to the American Arbitration Association, a non-profit alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive a response to your complaint from us within forty-five (45) days, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit http://go.adr.org/privacyshield.html for more information and to file a complaint.
Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through the above channels, you may have the right, under certain limited conditions, to invoke binding arbitration before the Privacy Shield Panel to be created by the US Department of Commerce and the European Commission.
We are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the United States Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”) with respect to its compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield.
14. Contact UsTo ask questions about our Privacy Statement, obtain more information, or lodge a complaint, please contact using one of the following methods:
By Mail: 1001 East Hector Street Suite 220 Conshohocken, PA 19428
By Telephone: (267) 898-0650
By E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated: September 27, 2016